The degree program in Marketing is designed as a comprehensive program that carries the required general education and institutional requirements for the degree. The degree provides students with not only a solid marketing foundation but also research and presentation skills through learn-by-doing experiential learning opportunities in marketing including emerging digital, interactive, and mobile technologies; web and data analytics; project management; interdisciplinary integrated marketing communications; creativity and innovation; and interpersonal and teamwork skills. Our degree recognizes the skills and abilities employers are seeking and is designed to remain relevant and responsive to the emergent field of integrated marketing communications.
- Content Knowledge: Students will demonstrate functional knowledge of the concepts, vocabulary, principles and practices that are commonly used in the business environment and evaluate the impact of the rapidly changing macro and micro marketing environment on the development of a marketing strategy..
- Communication Skills: Students will demonstrate advanced communication skills using appropriate methodologies and technologies and communicate outcome-based sales proposals to diverse audiences.
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Reasoning Skills: Students will demonstrate critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills and apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques to a variety of complex business situations.
- Personal and Social Responsibility: Students will demonstrate an ability to incorporate diverse cultural perspectives, and ethical reasoning and action into decision-making processes and develop strategic marketing plans built on market research, customer analysis, and key financial indicators.
- Inquiry and Integrated Learning: Students will demonstrate the ability to design and carry out an individual project that emphasizes practical applications of business concepts and create brand awareness through digital marketing platforms and social marketing management.
Means of Assessment
Appropriately planned assessments ensure outcomes are being met and that learners are effectively learning. Each class in the marketing degree has been carefully developed to deliver appropriate, applicable content relevant to the continually changing field of marketing. The stated learning outcomes in each class break the higher-order skills of marketing into compartmentalized fundamental skills. To measure content quality, student understanding as well as productive teaching methods, assessment instruments are used in each class and then affirmed through further review through the overall assessment of program outcomes. At the time of degree completion, the final stages of assessment will be the student’s ability to reflect organize and demonstrate learned skills in the culminating course in the marketing degree.
ProgramsBachelor of Arts/Bachelor of ScienceMinorFour Year Plan(s)